When the Tundra pickup was first released in 1999, the public took notice. But when a stock Toyota Tundra CrewMax towed the Space Shuttle Endeavor weighing 292,000 pounds through the streets of Los Angeles in 2012, it proved the Tundra is a force to be reckoned with. Experts have been equally impressed with this truck’s capabilities, recognizing the 2015 Toyota Tundra with awards like the Intellichoice “Lowest Cost to Own” and “Highest Retained Value” awards, and the KBB.com “Best Resale Value Award”. It’s no surprise then that the Toyota Tundra has become a reliable mainstay in its segment.
WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
The 2015 Toyota Tundra is built for power and comfort, offering drivers the choice of two very effective powerplants and a host of driver amenities:
- Powerplants – The Tundra offers a 4.6L V8 engine that produces 310 hp and 327 lb-ft of torque, and its 5.7L V8 motor can generate 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque.
- Exterior Features – Drivers can opt for the standard cab, extra cab, or the massive CrewMax, capable of transporting six adults comfortably. These cabs can be paired with a variety of bed lengths allowing buyers to design the perfect work truck.
- Interior Options – The Tundra provides options like leather-trimmed heated front seats, Entune Premium Audio, dual zone climate control, and an available navigation system paired to the 7-inch high-resolution touchscreen display.
Toyota Tundra Reviews
The experts remain enthusiastic as ever about the 2015 Toyota Tundra’s capabilities:
- AutoWeek – “This has to be one of the smoothest large vehicles I have driven, period. I’m not sure how or why the 5.7-liter plays so nicely with the six-speed auto, but this is Toyota Avalon-slick (yes, that’s a compliment).”
- AutoTrader – “Throttle response is quick and emphatic, and there’s some serious midrange torque on tap when it’s time to haul the mail.”
- Consumer Guide – “There’s plenty of adult room front and rear in both 4-door models, but it’s almost limo-like in the back of the Crewmax.”
- Autoblog – “The gauge cluster is also easier to read, with the new 3.1-inch color TFT display being particularly clear, and the Entune touchscreen is well placed for viewing from either seat and features a standard backup camera.”
Toyota is upping their game by adding some very appealing features to the new 2016 Model, including:
- Turbodiesel Option – The 2016 Toyota Tundra diesel trim will be powered by a 5.0L Cummins Turbodiesel V8 engine capable of 300 hp and as much as 500 lb-ft of torque.
- Exterior Improvements –Toyota is promising subtle enhancements that should include a slimmer front grille, a body-colored front bumper, optional 19-inch alloy wheels, and lighter materials for better handling and fuel economy.
- Interior Changes – 2016 Toyota Tundra changes may include optional leather upholstery and the addition of real wood accents.
Explore the 2015 Toyota Tundra at Andy Mohr Toyota Today
There is plenty to love about the 2015 Toyota Tundra. Indianapolis and Plainfield drivers can contact one of our friendly associates online with any questions or by phone. You can also stop by our dealership at 8941 E. US Hwy 36 in Avon to take a test drive today.